Stack Exploration, Sans Prince

Things that make this day perfect:

//: It's 37 degrees and rainy.  My favorite thing about Lawrence in the rain is how a blanket of mist hangs over everything and it feels like you're in a rainy cloud of goodness.

//:  We went to the library for my favorite class today to get a kickstart on research for our 10 page paper due at the end of the semester (zoinks).  
The librarian who was supposed to teach us her ways was sick, so we spent 15 minutes traversing the stacks (with my favorite professor in the lead).  
I love the stacks.  More on that later.   

//:  Because the librarian was sick and we were floundering noobs without her expertise, we went to the Spencer Museum of Art on campus (which is awesome).  We were originally supposed to go and do an assignment there on Tuesday, but since we did it today, class is cancelled on Tuesday.  
YAHOO!

//: Going to the museum makes me feel ridiculously cool and artsy.  Go figure.  But really, there's just something about wondering around an art museum with a clipboard clutched to your chest and an assignment due that makes me feel like the grown-up, college version of Madeline.     
C'est magnifique, ce vie.

//: I skipped class for the first time ever (sorry mom) and went to the library.
I know what you're thinking: who skips class just to go to the library?  
What can I say? I'm a rebel.  
Anyway, in my book-loving opinion, there's no better place to be on a rainy day than hunting down sources for your research paper in the stacks.  I mean, please.  It's perfection.

//: While we're on a roll here, my outfit was pretty great today.  Tights, boots, socks (provided by my lovely best friend, who also happens to be the only one who reads this blog lol), and a sweater layered over a dress.  
Probs one of my favorite looks, although definitely not the best for real winter.  
Us Arizonans are spoiled.  Kansas is treating me pretty well though lately.  Probably just buttering me up for when it pours down snow..














//: I almost forgot!  Tonight for Young Life we're having a Thanksgiving Potluck.  Yumyumyumyum praise tha lord!  So basically, the best ending a day this season could have.

That's all folks.  I hope you enjoyed your rainy day.
And if it wasn't rainy, I'm sorry.
 photo ScreenShot2013-10-17at61918PM_zps514d654c.png

Comments