The Stars At Night Are Big and Bright

Day Dos// Ft. Stockton to Austin, Texas

Texas is like its own country.
Surriously.


What is a morning in Ft. Stockton without a stop at the Donut Palace?
Would you just look at this place.
It cracks me up.

The Salt Lick, Driftwood, TX.


I told my grandpa on the phone today that we had donuts and Texas-shaped waffles for breakfast and Pizza Hut for dinner the night before and he laughed out loud.
"You guys are gonna gain twenty pounds on this trip!"
Yah, we just might.


How's that for the most awkward fan photo ever?




This wolf cracks me the HECK up.
Everything about it.
I'm laughing right now.  Just can't help it.


I mean, is it the ancestor of a wiener dog or..?







20 pounds…
I can say with confidence that this was actually the best ice cream I have ever eaten.
Strawberry basil and goat cheese, thyme and honey.
Way cool, Lick.



Also, look how cute.  This was in their bathroom.
After days of gas station bathrooms, let me tell you.
I was touched.



The one! The first! The original!
We graced its halls in wonder.
Rob bought a pomegranate (why???)
I got a water bottle so that I could forever remember the moment.
And we pressed onward.

So cool.  This is why I have strong feelings of dislike towards Arizona, because you can't do free concerts and movies in the park by the river.
You just can't.


Dinner at Guero's Taco Bar.  Have ya seen the movie Chef?  If you have, then you'll recognize this place.  They parked their food truck on the street right outside.  Prettay kewl.









This picture pretty much sums up our day.  Austin is quite eclectic and kitchy and it seems that you never know what you might find around the corner.

 photo ScreenShot2014-03-26at70429PM_zps4b0f653f.png

Comments

  1. did you end up going to the free concert?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment