Home Again



I'm sitting on the porch soaking in the 75 degree weather, the sun streaming through the canopy of tree leaves, and the twittering of happy birds and bugs.
Just a few minutes ago, I enjoyed a piece of pie out here that I picked up at Ladybird and was actually hit on while eating it, which in my book is a definite compliment. After I told them the Cave was too sticky for me and the two gents continued walking by, an older man walked down the middle of the street with his two aging beagles. 
Slightly further down he stopped on the sidewalk to let the oldest one bark. And bark.
And that is just so Lawrence for ya.
It feels so good to be back, surrounded by familiar places and tree-lines streets. I can't wait to step foot on campus again and see the castle-like library, the flags waving atop Fraser Hall, and the hustle and bustle of KU t-shirt-clad students.
It's no ivy-covered Yale (I've been watching a lot of Gilmore Girls), but I just love it.






 photo ScreenShot2014-03-26at70429PM_zps4b0f653f.png

Comments