I was lucky enough to start the month of February off with a visit to the Facial Bar in Kansas City. I was inspired by Estée Lalonde's video on best beauty treatments of London, and reached out to the Facial Bar. Follow along below!

One of my favorite things about the Facial Bar is the space. So chic and calm, and you know I love a nice brick and white wall theme. There were three other ladies getting treated while I was there, and I overheard that they had been out wedding dress shopping. It is definitely that kind of place! Just the spot for a little special occasion pampering or beauty date with the gals.




I went home with two products in my bag and the instructions to only use those two products. If you guys know what my bathroom countertop looks like, you'll know those words struck a little fear and sadness into my heart. BUT my skin really needed that shock to the system to clear things out. Overloading with products that don't mix well together can be worse than a simple system. I definitely want to try more of the Rhonda Alleson products, but for now I am actually enjoying the short and sweet thang I have going right now.



And, voilá. A lovely Friday afternoon treat. The actual facial is so relaxing and your skin feels SO clean. Like, so, so clean. And who doesn't like a little steam action and shoulder massage? 

For you Lawrence and Kansas City ladies, use the code KATE10 when you text, message, or call to book a treatment! Bring a friend, plan for brunch before and hit up the Plaza after. It seriously feels so good for your face and also for what's behind it, ya know? I know I always feel a little guilty spending money on beauty stuff like this. I go months longer than I should without getting a haircut, even, but I'm always happy once I've done it. Even if it's only once in a while, I think the relaxation and enjoyment is worth it!



 photo ScreenShot2014-03-26at70429PM_zps4b0f653f.png