what I need now is magic


"This is what I need right now."
"What, fantasy? Fairytales?"
"Oh, no." A look of pain crinkled across her face. "I just did the whole fairytale thing. Powerful stuff, believe me, but whew! Those handsome warrior men that can defeat their enemy in battle and then climb the castle walls and whisk you out of the turret are no joke. What I need now," she said, plunking down a stack of books, "is magic."
"Magic?!" 
"Yes," she said, re-stacking the books into separate piles. "Cozy magic. A very smart cat. A lush, flourishing garden. A house with an attic and a well-meaning aunt and maybe a nutty neighbor. A lineage of strong women, gusts of wind that whoosh through rooms with no open windows, powerful senses. Special recipes that put you back together again. Magic."

Comments