Chapter One - The End

Lately, my heart's been doing a lot of hurting.
A lot of soaring from happiness.
A lot of beating in time to the music, and a lot of confusing aches.
Lots of feels.

The school year is coming to an end and as I write this sentence, there's a lump in my throat.
Unimaginable.
That's what I would call it.
I consider myself a fairly decent writer, but I can't imagine being able to describe how world-tilting, joy-bringing, and life-fufilling my time here has been.
I usually try to steer away from cliche and stereotypical (which an end-of-the-year, I-love-collge-it-changed-my-life post totally is), but you know what?
Why the hell not talk about my awesome friends and my incredible school and how much fun I've had?
College is supposed to bring you lots of memories and late nights and funny moments and cool friends. And it absolutely has.
I'm going to miss running down one floor to Mackenzie's room, or riding the elevator up to the 7th floor and staying up way too late watching lame movies, or to the study room to listen to his speech before class, or to McCollum for illegal movie nights and closet raiding.  Being surrounded by so many people was a thought that freaked me out at the beginning of the year, and now it's the most natural thing in the world.  Seeing so many people I know, everywhere I go, makes me happy.   

When is something ever all you wanted it to be?  How often do you get that lucky?

I have so much love for these girls and my friends and this place.

Choosing to come to school at KU was the best decision I could have ever made. 
I have done more living-honest to goodness, sincere, complete enjoyment of the people surrounding me, the beautiful Lawrence, KS, the way I spend my days, and the memories I have made- in these past 9 months than any other time in my life.

I am so thankful for listening to my gut and following this path, despite the "you're crazy" and "why Kansas?" and 1,170 miles that separate me from everything I've ever known.

Turns out my instincts are pretty phenomenal, because I have just had the best year of my life.

Watch this in HD. Do it.



 photo ScreenShot2014-03-26at70429PM_zps4b0f653f.png

Comments

  1. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH KATE HARTLAND

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! love and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment