with abandon // Mennigers

This post has been ready and waiting for weeks. How does that happen?



































 This post is probably incriminating of trespassing but…

As I was uploading these pictures, I asked a Topeka native if he knew what these buildings were.
I had to Google it for 10 minutes before I believed him.
The clock tower building was actually an old psychiatric hospital.
An insane asylum.
Yeah.
Ohhh yeah.
The other two buildings were a bit away from the hospital, as you can see from the picture above.  I took that as we were leaving what we assume were factories of some sort.  Close, but after some research I'm pretty sure they aren't connected. 
The creepiest thing, I thought, was the tunnel running under the sidewalk.
Yep.  The tunnel.
The picture with the black hole and caution sign was the end of the tunnel, and when we walked back up the sidewalk, we came upon a manhole with no cover (other than a wooden palette someone put over it).  
How creepy, right?
I'm sure it was industrial and whatnot, but who knows whats down there now.

I keep looking in the windows for a silhouette or face or eyes..

 photo ScreenShot2014-03-26at70429PM_zps4b0f653f.png

Comments