Day One:


Greetings and welcome to June, the first day of the summertime month during which I will be writing every day.
Like, whoa.
I know.
That shouldn't be hard, right?
Really, it shouldn't. There are 24 hours in the day and I should be able to write for at least fifteen minutes, somewhere in there. I mean, come on people. Writing is what I want to do with my life, I should be writing for hours everyday. So, this is my first step towards that. I don't know what the final product each day will look like, or if it will even make it to the blog. I feel most comfortable and productive when hand writing things-the words just flow right out. I have a little idea that I would like to carry out, but it may be a bit overzealous. So we'll see. 
The point is the intention, and intentionality is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. We only have one life and all that jazz. I tend to get really caught in the routine of every day life, going through the motions of the things I have to do in order to get through to the next. After a crazy-packed semester and insanely stressful May, I am just now starting to unwind the knotted muscles and clenched jaw and evaluate what it is I want to do with my life, both today and in a year. The past few months were so busy I didn't even have time to sit and eat in between getting to where I needed to go, and now I have hours that stretch into days I have to fill. Talk about a transition. Now I have time to read all the books that have stacked up since January, purge myself of physical clutter and mental stress, and actually enjoy life. What a crazy concept.
There are a few things I would like to accomplish in the next two months, but I'm starting with this.
Write every day.
I have one story written that I want to edit and have publishable by the end of the summer, and another that I want to get from my head to the page.
What an exercise in self-discipline. I can't stop myself from eating an entire bag of cheddar popcorn, so we'll just go from here.


 photo ScreenShot2014-03-26at70429PM_zps4b0f653f.png

Comments